Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Section Prefixes

I'm sure there are people who think section prefixes are wonderful, but most of the time I bend over backwards to eliminate them. But you do have to remember to do it when you set up the sections. So, if you're in an after-the-fact situation and you want to eliminate them, how hard can it be?
//DESCRIPTION: Delete all section prefixes

if (app.documents.length > 0) {
aDoc = app.activeDocument;
aDoc.sections.everyItem().sectionPrefix = "";
aDoc.sections.everyItem().includeSectionPrefix = false;
}

I know I've been neglecting the blog lately, but I hope people are still finding useful stuff here.

Dave

Comments:
I JUST found this blog. Google got me to this post, which helped me figure out how to reference a section prefix, which I need for a script I'm trying to monkey my way through. Your traffic is gunna be going up ten-fold on account of me! This is great, keep it coming!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?